Kill Your Master is a no-brainer, no-clutter website builder.KYM is a website builder tailored for artists, photographers, or more generally creatives who want to show their work on a personal website, with no gimmicks and no learning curve.
Sites made with KYM are bilingual, optimised for high-resolution images, and look great on all screen sizes including smartphones. KYM is very easy to use and produces minimalistic site designs that let your artwork speak for itself.
- Bilingual. You choose your two languages. All the text content (the site title, sections names, image captions and articles) can be written in both languages. The translation of Articles is facilitated (but not constrained) by an integration with Google translate.
- High-resolution images. When you upload an image, copies are made at various sizes to optimize page load. But the original full-size image is stored unaltered and will be displayed when an image is clicked to zoom-in. So your artwork or photos can be viewed at very high resolution. See an example.
- Optimized for all screen resolutions. Narrow your browser window to see how the site adapts to tablets and smartphones.
- Insert media from other sites (youtube, vimeo, bandcamp, soundcloud, twitter, facebook, instagram, etc.) See an example (vimeo).
- Upload all kinds of files and media: images, audio, video, text, html, pdf, etc.
See a full list of supported files here.
- Rich text editor, and large choice of high quality fonts. Because typography is always important!
- Intuitive site styles customisation. When playing with your site styles within the admin area, you can see your changes in real time.
- Save different site-wide style settings, like personal templates. Switch between them in one click.
Style customisation options:
- KYM comes with a few styles templates to choose from. You can create your own, by combining any of the following options:
- Two Layouts: navigation at the top of the page, or on the left. Try it: nav on top, or nav on the left.
- Homepage background image.
- Site background color, text and links colors.
- Large choice of fonts. Two different fonts can be applied to headers and to regular text.
- Text size.
- Images zoom mode (fit to screen, or fill screen) Try it: fit to screen | fill screen.
- Individual articles background color and text color.
- Choose your 2 languages (you can also bypass this option if you prefer to go mono-lingual).
- Enter your site keywords and description for search engines optimisation.
- Build and visualise your site structure - organise your sections, sub-sections and their content at a bird's-eye view.
- Upload large files of almost any kind. Full list of supported files here.
- Insert media from other sites (images, video and audio, posts...)
- Write and format text easily, mix text and images.
- Create image galleries.
- Add legends to your files.
- Rotate images (to correct wrong orientation).
- If you need something special that cannot be achieved out of the box, send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The system may be improved when additional options appear necessary or very useful - in which case you'll have the choice to upgrade at no extra cost and indefinitely.
Supported file types:
The following are natively displayed in the site:
Images: jpg, png, gif, svg
Text: html, txt
Audio: mp3, m4a, oga, ogg, wav
Video: mp4, m4v, webm, ogv
The following will be available for download as a clickable link:
pdf, docx, msword, odt
Next: Gallery of possibilities